Originally an Air Canada enRoute editorial program, Canada’s Best New Restaurants (CBNR) has grown to become a high-profile showcase of the newest top talent in the Canadian restaurant industry. CBNR continues to thrive and has become a respected restaurant ranking list in the country, while simultaneously celebrating Canada’s culinary scene for Air Canada passengers, here and abroad.
- Air Canada to become the authoritative reference for dining in Canada
- Increased awareness around the Top 30 restaurants (also known as the longlist) by creating additional collateral: 6-page gatefold of the longlist restaurants within the September issue of Air Canada enRoute, panelist interviews phased out on Air Canada and Air Canada enRoute social channels
- Event to be opened up to the general public for the first time ever, with the intention of providing Canadians with an unforgettable, shareable social experience over the best new culinary talent in Canada
High-profile showcase of Canada’s top “foodie” talent. A robust multi-platform content marketing program where we:
- Developed a digital “one-stop shop” where Canadians could read about the longlist and Top 10 Restaurants, discover the event and subsequently buy tickets to the gala, as well as watch videos of the panelists and Top 3 Best New Restaurant winners
- Created additional content to maintain the excitement surrounding the program in the lead up to the Top 10 reveal at the event
- The event created a sense of community and promoted meaningful, shareable experiences within Air Canada’s target demographic
- What was originally an invite-only event, became open to the general public in Toronto for the first time in 2017
- The event was bolstered by the teaser video promoting the journey our writer took across the country in search of the best new restaurants of the year
316,565,255 media impressions (from August 2017 – December 2017), including: 807 stories (795 online, 6 broadcast, 6 print).
The launch of CanadasBestNewRestaurants.com
– The longlist campaign garnered 83,657 total visits (average 2:44 minutes on site)
– The Top 10 campaign accumulated 110,055 total visits (average: 1:10 minutes on site, 3:22 minutes on “Watch” page).
First-year public event to celebrate Canada’s Best New Restaurants: A single email deployment to Greater Toronto Area-based Aeroplan members resulted in a sold-out event!