Bookmark Content and Communications is looking for a social storyteller to lead content creation for one of our premium lifestyle clients, with subject matter ranging from food and drink to wellness, style, retail, and residential. The ideal candidate is a self-starter who loves to think quickly, experiment and get the job done. At the same time, you’re a creative at heart with a strong aesthetic sense, who can deliver smart, clean copy with personality. You are curious, adaptable, and above all else, a great team player.
Bookmark is a full-service global marketing agency that combines content and communications to create multi-platform programs for luxury and lifestyle brands, such as Cadillac, Bite Beauty, and Lindt chocolate. Our content is distributed in more than 180 countries worldwide; we pride ourselves on our understanding of local cultures on a global platform.
As our Social Media Community Manager, you will craft and post content to drive brand awareness, engagement, advocacy and foot traffic, taking a strategic approach that aligns with our client’s brand, while putting our audience at the heart of everything you do. The role will manage the day-to-day social media channels (Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, YouTube), pivoting based on data.
Job type: Full-time contract (1-year contract)
Please note that only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
- Manage overall social media content calendar and execute against it, including developing content concepts from idea to completion, scheduling posts and reacting to users
- Build content strategy, including content mix, partner content, UGC, and on-site event coverage
- Maintain and evolve aesthetic, tone and content types for each channel following established best practices
- Engage consumers online to drive favorable brand conversations. Work with client to respond to queries and concerns with speed and judgment
- Work closely with our client and agency team to coordinate development of social media content and ensure it is delivered on time and to our standard of excellence
- Coordinate with third-party partners to ensure we’re capturing all opportunities and leveraging their assets
- Capture and respond with content in real time, along with scheduled posts, and collaborate with our internal team and freelancers to cover planned events
- Develop and maintain relationships with key social media influencers, freelance photographers and videographers, etc.
- Research and stay abreast of social innovations, along with changes to the algorithms and opportunities to optimize each channel
- Report on the data and craft insights to develop recommendations and increase engagement and reach to qualified audiences
- Stay up-to-date on new social media tools and best practices; monitor competitors and other social media leaders to see how they are using them to be an early adopter
- Serve as a liaison with client, partners, and agency, and coordinate efforts with other content programs for the brand
- Demonstrated ability to execute social/digital campaigns
- Active social media life with a passion for cool stuff
- Keen eye with attention to aesthetic and detail
- Ability to analyze data, summarizing insights to increase social engagement, reach a qualified audience and tie in to broader content strategies
- Exceptional project management skills
- Self-starter and highly motivated; capable of working independently, yet collaboratively, within a fast-paced environment
- Highly organized and able to juggle priorities, while maintaining clear communication and ownership of tasks
- Strong communication skills with the ability to build and maintain good rapport with internal and external teams as well as external vendors and handle situations with confidence, tact, and resourcefulness
- College degree
- 2-years-plus social media and/or editorial experience
- Experience in the luxury and lifestyle space an asset
- Photo and video experience an asset