We are looking for a passionate and experienced Senior Strategist to join our team in Toronto!
Bookmark is a full-service marketing agency that combines content and communications to create integrated editorial programs for luxury and lifestyle brands, such as Air Canada, Fairmont Hotels & Resorts, Lindt and Tourism Toronto. We are looking for an expert relationship builder and multi-platform storyteller who is eager to work in a dynamic and creative environment.
As a Senior Strategist, you’ll have the opportunity to oversee innovative projects, and transform ideas, concepts and tactics into 360-degree strategic plans. You’ll be working in a highly collaborative environment with an award-winning, multi-disciplinary team across art, editorial, PR, experiential, digital and media sales. You’re an effective communicator who knows how to package information in an inspiring and impactful way. Your main responsibility is to oversee the client relationships, support project teams with problem solving and lead strategic planning across the Luxury & Lifestyle portfolio of accounts.
The position reports to the Executive Vice President, Luxury & Lifestyle Group.
We thank you for your interest, however; only those chosen for an interview will be contacted.
- Strategic Planning
- Lead strategic development of omni-channel content and communication programs that seamlessly bring all touchpoints together, including experiential, retail, digital and social media, gamification, etc.
- Leads the creation and presentation of convincing proposals for existing and new client programs
- Deep dive into the businesses and industries of our clients to understand their long-term and short-term objectives and success metrics
- Inform the creative process by working closely with teams to ensure creative concepts are built upon channel best practices
- Collaborate with our insights team to collect and analyze research (industry news, competitive benchmarks, analytical data) to build strategies and optimize program performance
- Merge relevant research, best practices, trends and intuition to craft successful programs
- Account Direction
- Act as the client’s main point-of-contact for key relationship discussions, troubleshooting and strategy
- Manage scope of work, estimates, change orders and billing
- Support the project team with troubleshooting and strategic advice
- Oversee work to ensure performance and executional excellence
- Proactively grow the business to help clients meet their objectives
- Gain a deep understanding, passion and interest for the categories of your clients to actively uncover insights and ideas
- 5+ years of relevant experience with direct involvement in the creative ideation and strategic planning processes
- University degree or college diploma in business, or communications is preferred
- Solid experience working with clients and managing accounts
- Experience working in omni-channel environments (video, print, experiential, digital, partnerships, etc.)
- Track record of building and executing high-performing programs
- Demonstrated success in integrated planning and optimization of content across platforms via analytics tools
- Experience with multiple planning methods, strategic frameworks and business tools
- Ability to inspire teams and clients at all levels, through compelling visual, oral and written communication skills
- Deep knowledge of technological, social, consumer, cultural and media trends
- Strong attention to detail, time management skills and business acumen
- Thrive in a fast-paced, agile environment
- Intermediate knowledge of Microsoft Excel, Word and PowerPoint; Comfortable in a Mac environment