Bookmark Content and Communications is looking for a Senior Full-Stack Web Developer to join our team at either our Montreal or Toronto office.
Bookmark is a full-service global marketing agency that combines content and communications to create multi-platform programs for luxury and lifestyle brands, such as Air Canada, Lindt and Tourism Toronto. Our content is distributed in more than 180 countries worldwide; we pride ourselves on our understanding of local cultures on a global platform.
The Senior Full-Stack Web Developer will lead and manage the development of web and other digital projects as well as determine best technologies to use based on specific requirements. They should have a passion for storytelling and digital content platforms.
Reporting: Position reports to the Director of Digital
When submitting your application, please include a list of your three favorite content or story-telling websites, apps, or other digital properties, and a brief explanation of why you like them.
Please note that only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
- Lead in-house and freelance developers
- Ensure the performance, quality, and responsiveness of applications
- Leverage new and existing technologies to help the editorial team tell compelling stories in the digital space
- Provide estimates on development for existing and potential projects
- Stay on top of trends and latest technologies and develop prototypes for clients
- Participate in recruitment of any potential new hires on the Development Team
- Build and maintain processes for the Development Team
- Give formal and informal internal presentations keeping teams up to date on latest development options
- Manage web hosting of various websites through AWS (Amazon Web Services)
- Determine the feasibility of new functionality and provide suggestions on how to best build and implement it
- Participate in brainstorms to come up with new and innovative ideas on websites and pitches
- Integration with various APIs
- Write and keep documentation up to date on applications
- Look out for emerging technologies and PHP frameworks
- Help maintain code quality, organization, and automatization
- Perform code reviews of freelancer work
- Stay up to date on the status of projects and provide feedback to the team throughout the development of a project
- 5 years or more experience as a full-stack developer in an agency setting
- Expert knowledge of and experience with React is essential
- Expertise in web hosting and AWS server management
- Experience with Contentful is an asset
- Experience with WordPress is an asset
- Effective communicator both with developers and with other stakeholders