Bookmark Content and Communications is looking for a Project & Payable Accountant to join our team at our Toronto office. The ideal candidate is experienced in all facets of accounts payable and is willing to expand the role into project accounting.
Bookmark is a full-service global marketing agency that combines content and communications to create multi-platform programs for luxury and lifestyle brands, such as Air Canada, Lindt and Tourism Toronto. Our content is distributed in more than 180 countries worldwide; we pride ourselves on our understanding of local cultures on a global platform.
As our Project & Payable Accountant you’ll be responsible in ensuring that payables and expense reports are processed on a timely basis and that projects are monitored on a regular basis.
Please note that only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
- Maintain complete project files, including freelancers and vendors for the entire duration of the project
- Process payments to vendors and freelancers on a timely manner and ensure that everyone complies with requisition due dates established by the schedule or contact documents
- Provide support to the project and finance team as required in terms of reports, analysis and ad hoc requests
- Liaise with the vendors and others in the finance team
- Investigate all project expenses not billed to customers
- Review all invoices related to project for appropriate documentation and approval prior to payment
- Match invoices to cheques, obtain all signatures for payments and distribute payments accordingly
- Review and recommend changes to systems and processes to improve efficiency and controls
- Participate and support month end closing & reporting
- Monitor accounts to ensure payments are up to date
- Research and resolve invoice discrepancies and issues
- Provide supporting documentation for audits
- Provide weekly reports to project managers, review for accuracy and make necessary adjustments as needed
- Review monthly, actual job costs against budget and work with project managers to review and update budgets and projected cost to complete
- Participate in project setups, modifications, and budget updates in the accounting system
- Run revenue recognition process & produce high level analysis of all job for discrepancies and/or anomalies, including but not limited to; revenue, cost, billings & attributes
- Support year end close and provide relevant analyses for internal and external auditors
- Produce work in process (WIP) reports for project managers
- Participates and supports business development efforts on behalf of the agency, as needed
- Bachelor's degree or certificate in accounting Working towards an accounting designation: CPA
- Knowledge in project cost accounting
- Strong communication and relationship building skills
- Ability to multi-task, work under pressure and meet strict deadlines
- Proficiency in Excel is mandatory
- Knowledge of MAS 300 (Accpac) application would be an asset
- Experience in a fast-paced industry such as agency advertising and marketing would be considered an asset