1-year Contract, working 4 days per week
Bookmark Content and Communications is looking for a social and digital storyteller to join our team at our Toronto office to lead content creation for one of our premium food and lifestyle clients! The ideal candidate is curious, adaptable, and above all else, a great team player.
Bookmark is a full-service global marketing agency that combines content and communications to create multi-platform programs for luxury and lifestyle brands, such as Air Canada, Lindt and Tourism Toronto. Our content is distributed in more than 180 countries worldwide; we pride ourselves on our understanding of local cultures on a global platform.
As our Editor, you will craft content across our branded platforms, including print, social and web, taking a strategic approach that aligns with our client’s brand and objectives, while putting our audience at the heart of everything you do. You will collaborate with our talented team of art directors and editors, contributing to a culture of innovation across the group. You are a strategic thinker who can effortlessly curate engaging content, from Instagram to e-newsletters to video to SEO-driven articles, to engage and develop our audiences with relevant and enriching content.
Reporting: Vice President, Content and Creative Strategy
Please submit your resume, salary expectations and a portfolio of digital and social content that you’ve helped create, specifying your role in the project. Please note that only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted by our hiring team.
- Oversee content strategy to meet and exceed our client’s objectives for engagement and reach, crafting the content mix accordingly (video, gifs, articles, etc.).
- Create all editorial lineups, taking into consideration audience profiles and client priorities
- Collaborate with the art team to ensure outstanding creative across platforms, working in tandem to produce industry-leading work
- Oversee budgets to ensure we are spending within allotted funding for each project, and maximizing available budgets
- Collaborate on client presentations, helping showcase the team’s ideas
- Meet regularly with the client, either via phone or in person, to ensure we are meeting their needs and to share strategic approaches and creative
- Work closely with project management and account management to ensure all creative deliverables are on time and exceed the client’s expectations
- Commission, curate and edit stories, recipes, crafts and articles, working with both internal and external contributors
- Write copy, including SEO-friendly display, as needed
- Source and vet potential contributors and collaborators, and weigh in on art direction
- Ensure all materials produced for the client are full buyout, and that rights have been properly managed as such
- Consult with our data and performance specialist whenever programs require creative assets for paid promotion (YouTube bumpers, sponsored posts, etc.)
- Collaborate with Sales and PR teams as needed to co-design experiential, influencer and integrated media programs for our client
- A successful track record running a stellar content program across social and digital in a senior role for at least three years
- Minimum three years’ experience leading a creative team
- Deep understanding of social and digital production (and ideally print as well)
- An insights-driven approach to building better content and a keen love for analyzing performance
- A toolkit of best practices for building SEO- and social-first content
- At ease collaborating and presenting to clients
- Ninja-like editing skills and ability to produce error-free copy
- Ability to navigate challenges without breaking a sweat
- A strong sense of how to balance brand, advertiser and audience needs
- Proven ability to generate content that is on trend and captures the popular imagination
- Ability to collaborate in a matrix environment, including liaising with accounts, project managers and senior agency executives
- Links/clips/grams demonstrating creativity in storytelling
- Curated sense of taste and aesthetics that aligns with the Bookmark standard of excellence
- On-point organizational and senior administrative skills
- BA degree or journalism degree; professional digital marketing and communications courses are an asset