Bookmark Content and Communications is looking for an Associate Editor to join our team at either our Toronto or Montreal office! The ideal candidate has strong attention to detail and has a proven ability to create content across multiple platforms.
Bookmark is a full-service global marketing agency that combines content and communications to create multi-platform programs for luxury and lifestyle brands, such as Air Canada, Lindt and Tourism Toronto. Our content is distributed in more than 180 countries worldwide; we pride ourselves on our understanding of local cultures on a global platform.
As our Associate Editor, Air Canada enRoute you’ll be responsible in managing the editorial lineup for the front and back of book sections and liaising with the art and digital teams to maintain the highest standards of editorial quality across the Air Canada enRoute print magazine and website. They will also ideate, commission and write feature stories.
Reporting: Executive Editor, Air Canada enRoute
Please note that only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
- Ideate and research story ideas on an on-going basis; ensure Air Canada enRoute stays on top of trends, openings and more; contribute ideas at all story and brainstorm meetings.
- Manage day-to-day workflow for front- and back-of-book pages: commission, edit and write stories according to production deadlines.
- Develop, commission and edit stories across all sections of the magazine and website.
- Contribute writing across all sections of the magazine and website.
- Work with the art and digital teams to develop the look and feel of content.
- Grow and maintain a roster of writers; scout new talent.
- Handle English inside checklists for front- and back-of-book layouts, and enter fact-checking and copy-editing changes on English-language files.
- Manage Air Canada enRoute’s awards submissions program across all channels.
- Read and comment on French-language copy files.
- Foster and grow relationships with PR representatives around the world.
- Represent Air Canada enRoute at industry events.
- Three years’ experience in content creation, preferably in a media environment.
- Published clips demonstrating exceptional writing and smart storytelling.
- A flair for writing punchy display copy.
- Strong attention to detail, superior organizational and time management skills.
- Excellent packaging skills and the ability to edit and refine writing to create a high-quality reading experience.
- Proven ability to create content across multiple platforms.
- Bilingualism (English, French) preferred.
- College or university degree in journalism or communications (or related degree).