1. What does the Social Media Manager in London do?
All things social! I’m the go-to person for community management, social media strategy, media planning, and paid social campaigns.
2. Have you learned something at your job that completely surprised you?
It would have to be the fact that some stakeholders are still unaware of the power of social media, even though the numbers tend to speak for themselves. Educating them in regards to what social media can do for brands and businesses is still an essential part of the job.
3. What is the one thing your colleagues probably don’t know about you?
Most of them probably don’t know that I was a tennis player for 13 years, as well as a tennis umpire and coach for another six.
4. What’s your favorite project that you’ve worked on since you started here?
A famous auction house commissioned Bookmark to work on a campaign intended to drive awareness and footfall for two of their global sales this year. The creative team came up with a beautiful concept, which the strategy team (that I’m a part of) translated into a targeted paid Facebook and Instagram campaign. Up until now, we’ve managed to exceed set KPIs by up to 300%.
5. In your opinion, what makes for good content?
It’s content that gets people talking, that stands out in their mind and ultimately, it’s the type of content that prompts an internal response in people to act.
6. What do you like to do in your spare time?
Read! Once I find an author whose style I resonate with, I read all of their books. I’m also a bit of a gym junkie – working out gives me a great buzz. And last, but not least, I do astrology readings.
7. What’s the last thing you read/saw that inspired you?
I just finished reading “Wild at heart,” a feature on the art of falconry, published in the latest number of the Patek Philippe Magazine. I found it incredible how falconers could relate to and form partnerships with these raptors – it shows the sky is definitely the limit when humans use their skills artfully.
8. What are your top 5 must-see destinations?
• Bruges, Belgium
• Transylvania, Romania
• Mamaia, a Romanian resort by the Black Sea
• Exmouth, Devon
9. What’s your best-kept secret in the neighborhood?
It has to be Crosstown, the donut shop on Leather Lane! Anyone who drops by our offices in Clerkenwell, London has to try their donuts!
10. What is the one piece of advice that has helped you the most since you started working in this industry?
A former manager, who has now become a dear friend, once said to me: “This is a marathon, not a sprint.”