1. What does the Marketing and Events Manager in Toronto do?
As part of the PR and Experiential team based in Toronto, I support various marketing initiatives from media events to digital activations for our clients. I also oversee internal marketing for Bookmark, including bringing our brand to life on a global scale.
2. Have you learned something at your job that completely surprised you?
I feel very lucky to have access to our global bank of experts who constantly surprise me with what they know and can bring to the table. To me, that synergy between teams is what makes any Bookmark experience truly unique and powerful.
3. What is the one thing your colleagues probably don’t know about you?
That I used to be a journalist, and then a middle school teacher before getting into PR.
4. What’s your favorite project that you’ve worked on since you started here?
It’s a tough call, especially when I’ve had the opportunity to work on so many cool projects. I think it would have to be the Brisbane beach party-themed event in Vancouver that we hosted to launch Air Canada’s new route offering.
5. In your opinion, what makes for good content?
Beautiful, relevant and engaging content that can evoke meaningful emotions.
6. What do you like to do in your spare time?
Hands down, I love spending time with my new puppy, Miko (and strategizing on how I can make her into an Instagram superstar!).
7. What’s the last thing you read/saw that inspired you?
Shonda Rhimes’s latest book, Year of Yes. I have yet to finish the book, but I’m inspired by the already-successful and well-established author wanting to push and challenge herself further, by deciding to say “yes to anything and everything” that scares her.
8. What are your top 5 must-see destinations?
– Huanta, Ayacucho in Peru
– Phnom Penh in Cambodia
– Suðureyri in Iceland
– Gyeongju and Jeju Island in South Korea
– Cozumel, Mexico
9. What’s the best-kept secret in the neighborhood?
There’s a mom-and-pop shop, just North of Finch Station on the subway line, called Jung Soo Nae. It’s been around for years and their authentic crab dish is an absolute must-try!
10. What is the one piece of advice that has helped you the most since you started working in this industry?
“Hustle in silence and let success make the noise.” Everyday we are hustlin’ and I’m so grateful to have a team that helps make my sometimes crazy ideas come true, i.e. Great Danes at a gentlemen’s event (I’m a strong believer in “where there’s a will, there’s a way”).