1. What does a Sales Administrative Assistant do?
My role as the Sales Administrative Assistant is to support the Sales team with administrative tasks and report to the VP of Media. My position is essentially the glue that holds many things together.
2. What attracted you to Bookmark?
Bookmark’s roster of blue chip clients is what initially impressed me. Though as I continue to learn more about the company, I’m becoming more fascinated by the work and the great people behind all of it.
3. What aspect of your new job are you most looking forward to?
Learning everything there is to know about the Sales team and how their work intersects with other teams.
4. What’s the last thing you read/saw that inspired you?
A workshop on Mental Health First Aid. I would love to help raise awareness and end the stigma around mental health. In connection with my role, I think it’s really important to keep an open mind when working with different personality types so I hope that my interpersonal skills are also beneficial at work!
5. What do you like to do in your spare time?
I love shopping, listening to music, volunteer work and trying different kinds of cuisine.
6. Tell us something surprising about yourself?
This might not be so surprising given my last name but I’ve volunteered as a host for an Italian radio show at York University’s campus station, CHRY Radio. The show was called Red Hot & Green! I played a lot of Italian radio hits, talked about food (obviously) and soccer highlights.
7. What are your top 5 must-see destinations?
8. What is your favorite thing to do in Toronto?
Toronto’s nightlife is great, there’s always something going on. I love to bar hop with my friends and try new places to grab food and drinks.
9. What’s been your career highlight so far?
My first work experience in the ad industry was at a small independent agency. Everything was completely new and I had a lot of responsibility from day one so the pressure was on. Through that experience, I learned about the nature of the industry and how fast-paced it is but I also learned a lot about myself and the kind of skill set I bring to a team!
10. What is the one piece of advice that has helped you get where you are today?
My parents always say “Chi va piano, va sano e va lontano” which means, he/she who leads a relaxed and easy-going life will live longer and healthier. This proverb always reminds me to be patient.