1. What does a Data Analyst do?
Data Analysts translate data into insights and recommendations for better decision-making for brands and companies. This also involves technical work in order to extract, filter the data and consolidate it into easily understandable and accessible dashboards or reports.
2. What attracted you to Bookmark?
The creative vibe, great corporate culture and growth potential were amongst the main factors that attracted me.
3. What aspect of your new job are you most looking forward to?
I am mostly excited about the prospects of enhancing and automating the existing reporting process and painting a clearer picture for our clients in order for them to make sound business decisions.
4. What’s the last thing you read/saw that inspired you?
The story behind Sylvester Stallone’s “Rocky” is one of the most inspiring stories in my book. At one point in his life he was so broke that he had to sell his dog for $25. Shortly after, he watched a Muhammad Ali fight, got inspired, wrote a script for the film in couple of days and sold it to producers on the condition that he was to star in it. This propelled him to be one of the most popular action film actors of all time and most importantly, he was able to buy his dog back!
5. What do you like to do in your spare time?
I enjoy watching films and documentaries. When it comes to more outdoor-oriented activities, my picks are swimming and cycling.
6. Tell us something surprising about yourself?
I sing under the shower
7. What are your top 5 must-see destinations?
Gdansk (Poland) , San Francisco, Los Angeles, Las Vegas, Vancouver (Canada).
8. What is your favorite thing to do in London?
I enjoy meeting up with friends and sightseeing. London is a fantastic place when it comes to art and culture. I try to keep up with upcoming movie premieres and film events.
9. What’s been your career highlight so far?
For my previous employer I built from scratch, a self-propelled customer-journey based reporting system for various start-up products.
10. What is the one piece of advice that has helped you get where you are today?
“Always be learning.”