1. What does an Associate Account Director do?
Build relationships. My role is to become a business partner to my client and help them achieve business successes (and sleep well at night knowing that their account is in reliable hands).
2. What attracted you to Bookmark?
The culture. Throughout the entire process, I’ve felt welcomed and valued, which is hard to find these days. Value your people and the quality of their work will follow suit.
3. What aspect of your new job are you most looking forward to?
I’m looking forward to learning from my clients and colleagues. Meeting new people and building relationships, which is my favorite part of this job.
4. What’s the last thing you read/saw that inspired you?
The Meyerowitz Stories, directed by Noah Baumbach. I thought it was a great film.
5. What do you like to do in your spare time?
Spare time is a rarity these days but any spare time I do have is spent with my family – there really is nothing better.
6. Tell us something surprising about yourself?
I began my career in wealth management working in Bermuda before crossing over into advertising. I knew very early on in my career that I wanted to build relationships and tackle business problems for a living but also wanted to surround myself with artists. Advertising was the perfect marriage between art and business so I made the move across industries and never looked back.
7. What are your top 5 must-see destinations?
South of France
8. What is your favorite thing to do in Toronto?
Visit the library. The Toronto Public Library network is one of the best I’ve seen.
9. What is the one piece of advice that has helped you get where you are today?
“Always know your position.” One of my first managers said this to me while I was at the trade desk and, little did he know, this would follow me throughout my career. It just means that at any point in time you should be prepared to give a 20 second status update on any and everything you’re working on.