1. What does a Social Media Executive do?
I handle social media platforms for different clients and help brands grow and engage with their online communities. I work closely with the editorial and design teams in order to achieve the best results for our clients.
2. What attracted you to Bookmark?
I remember when I first researched Bookmark and learned about the people in the company – I felt really inspired and I really wanted the opportunity to work with everyone. It’s very rare to find a company with such inspiring leaders, a great culture and happy employees.
3. What aspect of your new job are you most looking forward to?
I am looking forward to working with, sharing and learning from my team. I am super excited for new challenges and opportunities.
4. What’s the last thing you read/saw that inspired you?
“The Five People You Meet in Heaven,” a novel by Mitch Albom. Even though I am more of a psychological book lover, I must say this book beautifully highlights the journey of life and how we should see every event in a more positive light. Everything we live and go through is nothing but a beautiful journey. I recommend it!
5. Tell us something surprising about yourself?
I used to be a fashion makeup artist, doing makeup for runway models. I’d always wanted to be a makeup artist and thanks to my wonderful husband’s support I gathered the courage to go and do it. The fashion world is scary and creative but it’s where I learned how to work quickly and under pressure and still deliver my best. The highlight of that experience was London Fashion Week where I did the makeup for the models of a Romanian designer who later became my very good friend and ended up designing my wedding dress.
6. What do you like to do in your spare time?
When I’m not experimenting with makeup, I enjoy going to the movies with my husband – we are huge cinephiles. Besides that, I absolutely love road trips through the English countryside. I love finding the cutest and smallest villages where you can have the authentic English scones and tea, as well as the traditional delicious Sunday roast. I promise you, it’s a delight!
7. What are your top 5 must-see destinations?
– Romania – my home country! You must visit Dracula’s Castle and Transylvania, as well as Bucharest, my hometown, which is a replica of Paris (we used to call it Little Paris). The Old Town and Houses of Parliament are a must to visit.
– Barbados: It’s a real-life paradise with the most turquoise water and the silkiest sand.
– Paris: Besides the beauty of the city, French wine is fantastic.
– Verona: The romance of the city, opera evenings and the amazing food is what makes you fall in love with this city.
– Vienna: This city is elegant, full of hidden artistic delights and a truly undiscovered treasure.
8. What is your favorite thing to do in London?
I absolutely love visiting the South Bank area in the summer, thanks to all the activities and I absolutely enjoy the Christmas markets in the winter.
9. What’s been your career highlight so far?
Getting hired by Bookmark! Being part of a company like WPP is incredibly validating. I know it’s cheesy, but it’s true.
10. What is the one piece of advice that has helped you get where you are today?
Believe in yourself and don’t characterize people by their job titles, characterize them by who they are.