1. What does Bookmark Canada’s Human Resources Generalist do?
As Toronto and Montreal’s Human Resources Generalist, I assist with full-cycle recruitment ensuring the seamless integration of all employees into the company. I help my colleagues fill out all the necessary HR paperwork and assist with insurance and payroll system and processes questions.
2. What attracted you to Bookmark?
The office culture. The impression I got when I first stepped through the doors is one that still resonates with me – a light and fun environment.
3. What aspect of your new job are you most looking forward to?
Taking on new responsibilities to ensure seamless integration of all systems and programs for our employees.
4. What’s the last thing you read/saw that inspired you?
You really don’t have to look very far to be inspired in this office. The content my colleagues put out is extremely creative and smart. Is it hot in here or is it this office?
5. What do you like to do in your spare time?
Long walks on the beach – just kidding – or am I? Relaxing at home with a good movie, or grabbing a bite to eat with friends or family.
6. Tell us something surprising about yourself?
Most might not know – but I have been to Walt Disney World Orlando about 27 times and I’m 26 years old. I’m not obsessed, I promise!
7. What are your top 5 must-see destinations?
– Walt Disney Resort – all 6 destinations
– Kokkari, Greece
– Positano, Italy
– Egypt (ultimate bucket list destination)
– Bali (the one to hit directly after Egypt)
8. What is your favorite thing to do in Montreal?
Explore all the different restaurants Montreal has to offer.
9. What’s been your career highlight so far?
Learning every side of HR there is to know. Recently, we did DISC training which helps every employee and manager understand their team’s dynamics and preferred communication styles.
10. What is the one piece of advice that has helped you get where you are today?
Be present for those who need you.