1. What does a PR Coordinator do?
I handle the day-to-day tasks on our PR accounts which includes reporting, media monitoring, list building, product mailers, and just supporting the account directors on whatever they may need.
2. What attracted you to Bookmark?
For someone in PR, the presence of an in-house editorial team is a big advantage to collaborate on strategies with which to approach the media. Just being in this office, absorbing the conversations and being surrounded by all that goes on creatively really invigorates me.
3. What aspect of your new job are you most looking forward to?
Writing for and communicating with diverse audiences as well as being able to meet and network with creatives.
4. What’s the last thing you read/saw that inspired you?
Tiger Woods winning his first golf tournament in five years and after recovering from a debilitating back injury.
5. What do you like to do in your spare time?
Anything that expands my knowledge and/or improves my trivia game (my friends and I have an ongoing competition).
6. Tell us something surprising about yourself?
I’ve actually never traveled outside of North America.
7. Name five destinations on your wish-list?
– The Old Course at St. Andrews, Scotland
– Oktoberfest in Munich
– The Comedy Store in West Hollywood
– Tom’s Restaurant in Manhattan (a.k.a. the diner from Seinfeld)
– The Hobbiton film set in New Zealand
8. What is your favorite thing to do in Toronto?
Finding the hidden gems within the city’s diverse neighborhoods.
9. What’s been your career highlight so far?
Working in a startup incubator at the University of Toronto, getting the chance to be surrounded by brilliant young founders and entrepreneurs.
10. What is the one piece of advice that has helped you get where you are today?
Never stop building your network, because that’s where you’ll find your future professional opportunities.