1. What does a PR & Social Media Manager do?
What doesn’t someone in PR do! The job requires everything from marketing strategy and brainstorming the next viral idea to managing relations with media, seeding opportunities with influencers, facilitating brand partnership and planning events. It’s never a dull day!
2. What attracted you to Bookmark?
What attracted me was the level of creativity and innovation in the work Bookmark has done for clients. I’ve always been a creative person and to be able to work with an extremely strong team of bright minds helped as well.
3. What aspect of your new job are you most looking forward to?
I’m looking forward to challenging myself to be even more creative and learn new aspects of the industry I may not have known before. I’m also really excited to collaborate and create really impactful and innovative work with the Bookmark team.
4. What’s the last thing you read/saw that inspired you?
A few years back, The Alchemist by Paulo Coelho inspired me to have the courage to seek out new opportunities and give life my all. That being said, it also assured me that despite everything, I will eventually be where I am supposed to be.
5. What do you like to do in your spare time?
I love meeting new people, trying new restaurants and visiting new places.
6. Tell us something surprising about yourself?
According to the Chinese zodiac, I was born in the year of the Dragon – so fittingly, my parents were inspired to name me Drydon in honor of my zodiac sign.
7. What are your top 5 must-see destinations?
– Aurora Borealis in Iceland
– Colosseum in Rome
– The Great Wall of China
– The Great Pyramids
– The World Islands in Dubai
8. What is your favorite thing to do in Toronto?
During the summer, spending time outdoors! Everyone is just so happy and there are so many things to do. The entire city buzzes with excitement.
9. What’s been your career highlight so far?
Being able to build a career that I am truly passionate about and love doing every day! I feel truly blessed and I continue to be inspired by the work I produce with my team.
10. What is the one piece of advice that has helped you get where you are today?
Love what you do and you’ll never work a day in your life!