1. What does the Business Development Director do in the Lima office?
I am responsible for new business in Lima for Bookmark. I work on creating new business opportunities there.
2. What attracted you to Bookmark?
The multicultural DNA of the agency. The idea of constantly working with different teams around the world.
3. What aspect of your new job are you most looking forward to?
Many! I want to make Bookmark the reference for content marketing in Peru. This region has a lot to say and Bookmark definitely knows how to express it.
4. What’s the last thing you read/saw that inspired you?
I was truly inspired when I visited my friend’s surf school in the south of Spain. They dedicated a day to “adapted surfing” for people with reduced mobility.
5. What do you like to do in your spare time?
I’ve been surfing regularly ever since I moved to Lima four years ago. It makes me feel free. I’ve encouraged my 3-year-old daughter Lucía to try it but she has yet to feel comfortable with the sea!
6. Tell us something surprising about yourself?
I’m actually afraid of the sea! So, surfing for me is the great way to face this fear. It’s a constant challenge, you have to use all of your concentration and motivation to get on that board.
7. What are your top 5 must-see destinations?
– San Sebastián, Northern Spain
– Costa Rica
– Siena, Italy
8. What is your favorite thing to do in Lima?
Discovering new cafés, bars and restaurants.
9. What’s been your career highlight so far?
Opening an office in another country, and learning the different aspects of the operation. I feel most proud of that.
10. What is the one piece of advice that has helped you get where you are today?
Hard work trumps talent every time!