1. What do you do?
I lead the development of integrated marketing and media solutions for our diverse and dynamic clients. I consider myself a “brand matchmaker.” I tap into the mindset of the consumer, and spot opportunities when there is alignment between our client and their goals and objectives.
2. Have you learned something at your job that completely surprised you?
Having worked both on the client and media agency side, I thought Bookmark only produced Air Canada’s enRoute magazine so I was surprised and delighted when I found out that there are so many more AC Media offerings, and that Bookmark provides a variety of services to a wide variety of clients. All of which are crucial when developing multi-platform concepts.
3. What is the one thing your colleagues probably don’t know about you?
I originally wanted to be in journalism before getting into the world of marketing.
4. What’s your favourite project that you’ve worked on since you started here?
I can’t pick between these two projects. Firstly, I had a great time planning a soon-to-be-launched integrated sponsorship program, which included many fun collaborations between brands and a business trip to Fogo Island, Newfoundland for the editorial shoot. Secondly, my client, AMEX, was the presenting sponsor for the 2016 edition of Canada’s Best New Restaurants which was a great fit as both Air Canada enRoute and AMEX focus on gastronomy, travel and entertainment.
5. In your opinion, what makes for good content?
Relevant, original content that builds meaningful audience connections through engagement and value.
6. What do you like to do in your spare time?
I am a bit of a reality TV show junkie (sssh!).
7. What’s the last thing you read/saw that inspired you?
I came across the meaning of the word ‘Meraki’ which means “the result of putting your soul, passion and love into a project” thereby leaving a piece of yourself in the work.
8. What are your top 5 must-see destinations?
9. What’s the best-kept secret in the neighbourhood?
The blueberry muffins at Bannock are unreal. Think freshly baked, wide top muffin with a bit of a crunch and blueberries that pop in your mouth. Yum!
10. What is the one piece of advice that has helped you the most since you started working in this industry?
“Always stay a student, always be learning” The industry is ever evolving so we must evolve with it.