The Senior Project Manager’s responsibility is to supervise and lead the success and delivery of a variety of projects across the agency portfolio from print, content, media sales, PR and experiential to digital production. Key responsibilities include managing ongoing programs and special projects, and ensuring that all projects are produced on time and in the most cost-efficient way while meeting quality standards & scope agreed on with the client. He/she must possess strong attention to detail as well as superior organizational, communication and time management skills. He/she will collaborate with the creative, finance, digital, sales and accounts teams, as well as with clients, vendors and partners.
Length: Full-time, 2-month contract
- Lead a team of project managers and coordinators to oversee delivery of work, efficiency and effectiveness, and provide ongoing leadership, guidance and support.
- Act as a day-to-day point of contact for clients regarding status updates on ongoing projects and initiatives.
- Manage the day-to-day workflow of various projects, while ensuring continuous process efficiency.
- Develop schedules and deadlines for each project; Track all aspects of projects to ensure that deadlines are respected.
- Work with vendors to plan and execute projects, and facilitate communication between creative, digital, production, PR, media sales, accounts and freelancers.
- Coordinate production of products, including trafficking of files, preparing files for delivery, producing pagination and ensuring specifications are met.
- Supervise, coordinate and distribute work to freelancers.
- Coordinate quotes, change orders and invoices for all projects vendors and freelancers.
- Track budget approved by the client during the course of the project until completion.
- Provide internal teams with ongoing updates, client requests and action items.
- Participate in on-going client calls, including scheduling and overall status updates with the Accounts lead (if applicable).
- Coordinate, schedule and set agenda for post-mortem meetings (internal & client-facing) with the Accounts lead, produce and distribute lessons learned.
- Other Responsibilities
- Identify, track and mitigate risk for projects, and escalate issues to teams when necessary and makes recommendations to ensure minimal impact to quality, budget and timeline.
- Communicate project approvals to the team once obtained by Accounts lead.
- Provide support on development and execution of special/new projects.
- When appropriate, participate in strategy sessions (internal and client-facing).
- Seek opportunities to increase client satisfaction and build the relationship through project delivery.
- Build a knowledge base of client’s business, organization and objectives in collaboration with the Accounts lead.
- Minimum two (2) years experience in client-facing production or project management role.
- University degree or college diploma in business, communications, project management, or production.
- Demonstrated ability to handle multiple projects in an organized manner, and to manage competing priorities.
- Understands the basic revenue and pricing models, margins and billing procedures.
- Understands and is comfortable leading discussions with executive level clients.
- Autonomous and proactive at trouble-shooting/problem solving.
- Excels at ensuring project timelines and budgets are kept on track.
- Working knowledge of print and digital process.
- Intermediate knowledge of Microsoft Excel, Word and PowerPoint; Comfortable in a Mac environment
- Excellent English communication skills (oral and written), and French preferred
- Proven ability to meet deadlines and handle deadline pressures efficiently and effectively
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively, in a team environment
- Experience leading print, digital and integrated marketing projects, an asset