Bookmark is looking for a talented junior front end developer to join its growing development team based in Farringdon, Central London.
This job is ideal for someone who has front end experience and is a graduate with a computing related degree.
As part of our development team, your days will be filled building responsive landing pages and emails.
Working closely with editors, designers and account managers, you should be comfortable working under your own initiative and be able to deliver projects on time, ideally having worked in an agency environment before.
- Developing high quality front end code for new builds and maintaining and developing existing sites
- Working as part of a project team, communicating at every level of a project with editors, designers and account managers
- Building responsive HTML emails to industry standards
- Excellent knowledge of semantic HTML5 and CSS3, including build tools (Grunt/Gulp) and CSS pre-processors like SASS
- Experience using version control, ideally Git or Mercurial
- Ability to write well structured, semantic, maintainable code
- An understanding of web performance and writing code for efficiency and optimisation, particularly keeping mobile devices in mind
- Knowledge of drawbacks with older browsers and email clients, and implementing fallbacks where necessary
- Proficiency with testing in cross browsers and email clients, using tools like Browserstack and Litmus
- Know your way around Photoshop
- SEO best practices
- Ability to complete and juggle multiple projects while meeting strict deadlines