We are searching for a Development Operations Specialist for our Montreal office. You will be working with a dynamic team to create interactive websites and email campaigns, support the development team and ensure production and staging environments run smoothly. The position reports to the Lead Web Developer.
Length: Six month contract, full-time.
- Creating regular backups on web servers and restoring when needed.
- Continuously monitoring the security and log files of various websites and applying security patches.
- Purchasing and maintaining space on webservers, monitoring website usage and size, upgrading webservers as needed.
- Setting up, moving and configuring servers with databases.
- Keeping Wordpress plugins from various sites up to date.
- Managing webserver access and file permissions.
- Installing ssh keys for shell and sftp.
- Managing DNS for various domains.
- Setting up SSL certificates.
- Working with htaccess rules for URL bouncing, password protection, redirection.
- Debugging server related issues.
- Scraping through websites to look for broken links and errors.
- Help maintain code quality, organization, and automatization.
- Experience writing and up keeping documentation.
- Experience with PHP and MySQL.
- Strong grasp of automation tools.
- Proficient with PHP & MySQL.
- Knowledge of RESTful APIs.
- Experience with PHP frameworks (Laravel, CakePHP).
- Experience with Wordpress.
- Proficient with GIT versioning.